Do you ignore the little red badges on your CMS indicating an update is available? When was the last time you checked the date of your software — is the year recent? If you’ve noticed an uptick of spam through your site, page load times slowing down or staff complaining it’s hard to customize your site as marketing needs expand, it might be time for a CMS update.
Don’t Wait for Disaster to Strike!
Your website is a critical piece of your overall digital marketing strategy, and your CMS is critical to your website. Keeping your CMS software up-to-date is essential for the security and stability of your system and your marketing.
You need a trusted web partner to provide maintenance support — it can be the difference between enhancements that save time and provide peace of mind or costly (possibly emergency!) fixes down the road.
Here’s what you’ll avoid when you let us keep your CMS up-to-date:
- Bugs. CMS updates fix unexpected system errors and vulnerabilities (AKA bugs). A CMS update ensures your system operates more efficiently and smoothly.
- Hacks. More than 30,000 websites are hacked daily. An up-to-date CMS is your first line of defense against these attacks. The longer you wait to update, the more vulnerable your site is.
- Being passed over by Google. Users favor fast sites. Google favors fast sites. An updated CMS keeps your site purring like a sports car after a regular tune up, keeping your users and Google happy.
- Site crashes. Needless to say, they are never good — especially in the middle of an important marketing campaign! An up-to-date CMS is stable, ensuring it can handle as much traffic as you need.
- Being out of date. In order to innovate you need the latest and greatest. The same is true for your CMS software. Using the most recent version ensures you have access to the best features available, preparing your site for whatever your team has planned next year!
- Lost investment. CMS updates are often included with the license you already paid for. Why not take advantage and maximize your current investment?
- Costly (and clunky) transitions. We know you want to make future upgrades less painful and less expensive. Waiting too long between upgrades can be the difference between a complicated, costly process and a smooth transition.
Budget Planning? What to Invest in for 2017
With 2017 around the corner, now’s the time to figure out what to do next year to make sure your site aligns with your business goals.
Plan for investments that maximize your ROI by ensuring your site is:
- Solid and Secure: CMS upgrades are an ongoing investment in your security and stability. While not every software update is necessary, you should set aside funds every year in the event of a major security fix.
- Mobile Friendly: Grow your customer base by ensuring your site works and looks great on phones and tablets as they continue to evolve. From budget-friendly retrofits — where we optimize your existing site — to full blown redesigns, focusing on mobile in 2017 is a sound investment
- Super Fast: A fast site has a direct impact on conversions. Our performance diagnostics identify short- and long-term fixes so every site visit counts.
Supported by a Reliable Web Partner: Peace of mind is priceless, especially when your website is central to your digital marketing efforts. Our support packages include all of the above — maintenance, upgrades, performance monitoring and fixes — plus ad hoc requests.
Ready to make the most of your 2016 (or 2017) budget? Schedule a FREE 30 minute consultation today!