Flexible Site for a Growing Brand
Unique design highlights author’s personality, while a flexible CMS makes site updates easy
Author, life coach and entrepreneur Gina DeLapa was ready for a change. With a growing business and upcoming new book, her website needed a rehaul to accommodate her mobile-savvy audience and showcase her unique brand. She also needed a new content management system flexible enough to respond to every-changing opportunities.
Bright Umbrella started by moving her to a modern, easy-to-use CMS that gives Gina complete control of her site. We then created a fast, mobile-friendly design that puts her personality front-and-center.
As Gina’s technology partner since 2015, we maintain her site and CMS with ongoing upgrades and optimizations. Over the years, we’ve added ecommerce, social sharing features and, most recently, HTTPS.
Improved stability and speed by moving to a more secure, sophisticated CMS
New social sharing features boost brand visibility
Expanded sales with an online store
Improved site security with HTTPS
Increased business opportunities
- Fast, mobile-friendly site appeals to tech-savvy readers
- Online store to boost individual and bulk book sales
- Sponsors and readers enjoy peace of mind knowing the information they submit to the site is secure with HTTPS
- Streamlined newsletter signup process to expand mailing list
CMS that supports flexible digital marketing
- Simple, easy-to-use CMS for daily content entry
- On-demand, custom landing pages for marketing campaigns
- Integrated Shopify ecommerce, including digital downloads and bulk orders
Better brand direction to better connect with growing audience
- Content organization that puts Gina’s voice front-and-center
- Mobile-friendly, responsive design for all devices
- Clearer paths to sign up for newsletters and buy books
- Holistic creative assets that support Gina’s brand on the the site and across social media
An easier-to-find, easier-to-share site
- Improved search engine optimization (SEO) with standards-based HTML and structured data
- Better social sharing, including share previews, Tweet-able quotes and an inspirational image gallery
- Craft CMS gives Gina complete control of search engine metadata and headings
Better security and stability, less administrative maintenance
- HTTPS ensures any information submitted on the site is encrypted, protecting Gina’s business and brand
- As part of our ongoing maintenance of her CMS, we make sure she always has the latest, stable version — including add-ons — to support site security and stability
- We also implemented version control systems for more efficient and secure maintenance, including software updates
- Craft CMS Development
- Content Strategy
- Information Architecture
- User Experience Design
- Interface Design
- Responsive Design & Development
- Graphic Design & Illustration
- Training & Documentation
- Maintenance & Support
- Design & Brand Consultation
- Host Transfer & Domain Consultation
- Social Media Optimization
- Data Import from WordPress
- Mail Chimp Integration
- Shopify Integration
- Security Consultation
- HTTPS Implementation with SSL Certificate
Strategic Solutions for Long-Term Brand Success
From the outset, Bright Umbrella took the time to understand Gina’s current and future needs so we could give her tailored, strategic guidance. This led to a custom design that reflects Gina’s style of whimsy and sophistication. The mobile-friendly site also features clearer calls-to-action for book sales and newsletter sign-ups, and supports her marketing efforts with on-demand landing pages.
As Gina herself put it, “the site takes my brand and my brand sophistication to a much higher level — not incrementally but exponentially.”
Clear CTAs Improve Sales & Marketing Conversions
Mobile-friendly Design Reaches a Broader Audience
Removing Administrative Headaches
Beyond the site redesign, Bright Umbrella also simplified and streamlined Gina’s content management process so she could focus on updating her site, not troubleshooting technical difficulties. We migrated her from a clunky WordPress install to the more stable, secure and flexible Craft CMS. With Craft, Gina can add new content — including custom landing pages for marketing campaigns — whenever she needs. Not only is Craft “much more pleasant to use,” the system is powerful enough to scale with Gina’s future needs.
User-friendly Craft CMS Makes it Easy to Update Content
Flexibility for On-Demand Marketing
Marketing and community engagement is core to Gina’s business, and quickly responding to new opportunities is core to her success. Which is why we built her Craft CMS so she can easily create on-demand landing pages for email campaigns and promotions! Not only does she have complete control of her messaging, she can also customize the contact forms on each landing page, picking and choosing what fields are relevant. All of this on her own, no coding required and in a matter of minutes — saving her time that she can spend on her business, where it matters the most.
Customize Newsletter CTAs & Messaging
Collect Campaign-Specific Information with Custom Forms
Boosting the Bottom Line with Online Book Sales
Six months after her site launch, Gina needed an ecommerce solution for her growing catalog of offerings, including digital downloads. As a newcomer to online sales, Gina wanted a basic solution with the ability to scale. The solution: Shopify integrated with Craft. Shopify gives Gina the core ecommerce she needs without a major investment in a fully-custom solution. And because it is integrated with her Craft CMS, she has the foundation to expand to more robust features when the time is right for her business.
Ecommerce with Digital Downloads Provides Another Revenue Stream
Protecting Gina’s Site and Brand
To feel comfortable signing up for newsletters or buying books, Gina’s readers need to feel comfortable submitting their information on her site. To help protect that customer data, we implemented a trusted SSL digital certificate on her server, which assures Gina’s fans and sponsors that any content shared through the site is protected. This HTTPS security also impacts her Craft CMS, so content entered there is also encrypted. This investment in HTTPS not only improves site security, it reinforces Gina’s brand as a leader her readers can trust. As a bonus, her HTTPS-enabled site is faster and more Google-friendly!
Site Visitors Can Trust Their Information Is Safe
Upgrades, Support and Maintenance for Security and Stability
As Gina’s technology partner since 2015, we provide ongoing support and maintenance for her entire site’s needs — from her host provider to the Craft CMS that runs the site. We keep her CMS up-to-date throughout the year, ensuring the security and stability of the site. Gina is also one of our priority retainer clients, so whenever she needs a new site feature, she’s top of our queue.
Carefully Managed Maintenance & Updates
Peace of Mind
As valuable as our strategic web solutions are to Gina, what she loves most about working with us is the peace of mind we bring. We make sure her site is fast and works great on mobile devices. We make sure every new request for a change to the site makes sense for both Gina’s business and site visitors. And we make sure she always know what is going on.
Gina says it best: “If I ask them to do something on my site that is not in my best interest, they'll tell me — and they'll take the time to tell me why. ”